Board of Rabbis Immersion Program
As a Jewish addiction treatment center, Beit T’Shuvah has been immersed in a 30-year study of what we call human brokenness –What we have found is that the destructive behavior of addiction and crime are truly the most severe symptoms of a deeper brokenness, the inability to integrate our contradictory selves. We have found that the antidote to this human dilemma is contained in a deeply personal and relevant Judaism. It is a Judaism that understands the Torah as a guide to living as complete human beings.The Elaine Breslow Institute at Beit T’Shuvah has been created to transmit and share these Torah lessons of redemption and how they can lead each one of us on a path toward wholeness.
• Become immersed in the culture, language, and vision of a uniquely Jewish addiction residential treatment center and synagogue community.
• Understand that addiction is part of the broad spectrum of existential brokenness and the challenges of living well in body, mind, and spirit.
• Enhance your knowledge and skills as they pertain to addiction education, addiction response, and minimizing the consequences of addiction for families.
• Understand the role the Jewish tradition, as a wise approach to living well, can provide to individuals, families and teens in addiction prevention and response.
• Personalize relevant Jewish texts and spiritual practices, relating it to your professional practice and context, as well as your own lives.
• Acquire the skills and confidence to address addiction and human brokenness in your own personal and professional lives.
• Collaborate and learn from one another and the facilitators in a safe, open environment of trust.
2017 COHORT DATES
Wednesday, March 1st 8:30am-4:00pm: Session 1
Wednesday, March 15th 8:00am-3:45pm: Session 2
Wedneaday, March 29th 8:00am-4:00pm: Session 3
Tuesday, May 30th 8:30am-4:00pm: Session 1
Tuesday, June 6th 8:00am-3:45pm: Session 2
Tuesday, June 20th 8:00am-4:00pm: Session 3
Thursday, August 10th 8:30am-4:00pm: Session 1
Thursday, August 24th 8:00am-3:45pm: Session 2
Thursday, September 7th 8:00am-4:00pm: Session 3
To apply go to: www.btsinstitute.org/apply
For more information please contact Nicole Goodman at email@example.com